Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mushroom Burgers and lip balm...



So... I finally got to go to The Green Edge, and I was not disappointed. Like most fairly new vegans I am used to the selection of, for example, refrigerated goodies be around 5 items including 2 varieties of Tofu. This place was heaven... I wanted to buy the entire store, but unfortunately this fortnight is extra hard for us. (All bills including electricity going out)

I did walk away with a neat selection. My chapped lips are in heaven thanks to the HURRAW! lip balm. I splurged and got two. One root beer and one black cherry tinted one. They're both awesome!

Their mushroom burgers were FANTASTIC! I wasn't expecting them to be THAT tasty, but the vegan cheese they used in combination with the mushroom and the mango chutney was beyond yummy, and they were LARGE. My burger had three huge mushrooms in it.

We made mini-pizzas with the cheese and pepperoni slices I bought and I loved it, the husband thought it was okay, but he was unimpressed. Now I'm boiling sweet corn and then I'm going to knit a small hat for myself, one without ears... contemplating a bath.

Tomorrow I am going to try the soy chicken in a stirfry, and later in the week we'll have the asam fillets. Can't wait. I am so stuffed... I think I was still stuffed from the burgers when I started in on dinner! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment