Monday, May 21, 2012

Failed baking and headaches...

I developed the headache from hell earlier today. Luckily I was able to banish it with a couple of painkillers and a nap. I am still tired as all hell though. I know why, I have been skimping on the water lately. The reason for that is that our water tastes like dirt, literally. Not very appetising, and it usually makes me a little nauseated, but apparently not dangerous according to the husband, and since all the water around here seems to have that taste I'll believe him.

I tried baking vegan cinnamon scrolls today. It did not go well. The texture was good, the taste was awful. I tried a shortcut by using bicarbonate soda instead of making a proper yeast dough. Never doing that again, next time I'll either use self raising flour or baking powder at the very least. At least hubby eats the things despite them tasting like buttfluff. (Not literally, but metaphorically)

Now I am sitting here and trying to decide if I should have a bath or if I should knit and watch some episodes of House. Regardless of what I end up doing I will be making a youtube video tomorrow. Nervous about that. It is an awaited response to a larger youtube user, I always get nervous about things like these, but... someone had to represent the vegan community in a reasonable and adult way. Dear heavens my fellow vegans can be asshats!

Oh well, time for that knitting! Knitting and tea! I am thinking rose and french vanilla for today. And then we'll see if I end up watching House or if I decide to listen to some of that Lana Del Rey. My sister is sold on her, and I have to agree that she is quite good.











No comments:

Post a Comment